XOOPS Cube Legacy 2.2 migration guide (for XOOPS 2.0.x users)
XOOPS Cube Legacy 2.2 is not released with a System module alike the one of XOOPS 2.0.x
If you migrate from XOOPS 2.0.x, you can keep using a System module to avoid any troubles with some XOOPS 2.0.x modules.
But some parameters are now on different modules of XOOPS Cube Legacy.
- You can manage modules from Legacy module.
- 'Install module' and 'Module management' have different but intuitive user interface.
- Click 'Module management' from side-menu to manage your installed modules.
- Click 'Install module' from side-menu to install new modules.
- 'User management', 'Group management', 'Group permissions', 'Avatar management' and 'Sending mail' features are now part of User Module.
- A renderer system (Theme engine) is used for themes management.
- The DB template manager is part of the renderer. Therefore, template manager is one of the features of Legacy renderer that ensures compatibility with XOOPS2's smarty environment.
- XOOPS Cube 2.2 Legacy environment provides a new block feature.
The new Legacy system handles Blocks alike modules.
- When installing a module, the module's blocks are registered to XOOPS Cube Legacy.
- A block can be installed or unistalled without being deleted from the system.
- If you uninstall a block, itis moved back to the page list of 'Install block'.
But, uninstalled blocks keep their settings. So, when you re-install the block, block installer will recover its last parameters.
- You can't edit 'uninstalled blocks', group permissions, target column and target module.